A NEW THEME ~ journeying towards focused self-care…..
Today, November 14, 2021~ I am revisiting posting to my blog. Life and the lack of time and focus has caused me to be absent…SO HERE I AM-CATCH ME IF CAN~ CAUSE OFTEN I AM HERE TODAY AND GONE TOMORROW-ALBEIT TO PARTS UNKNOWN!!!!!
Life has been full, busy, hard, good, even ground at times and very often with what seems ~like boulders dropped upon the path of my journey.
Let me stop right here~ for fear you will sense this to be a poor me~ kind of post. Let me assure you that’s not my purpose, because it's not even buried there in my heart !!
Whew, I just heard someone breathe ~ a sigh of relief! What? You say that was actually me?
Well, perhaps it’s true for both of us~ or true for all of us !
Let me also be ~ up front and center ~ honest with you about my writing style ~ it is most important that I **warn you…I play raquet ball with thoughts , as I sit and write….just my way, my style ~ actually I’ve not had to practice this stroke at all ~it just comes naturally!
Now then-lets finally get started with this post…if you are still reading at this point~ albeit, I may never know, but type away..I will remain faithful!
The theme of this post and those that will follow it will be titled…. MY JOURNEY TOWARDS BETTER SELF-CARE.
TODAY’S TITLE :
LETS’ GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.
My cuz’s wife, who’s my cuz~because she married “my cuz”, is becoming~my cuz~because she’s journeyed on ahead of me -a similar path, so she understands many of the challenges and heartaches, along with the rewards of caring for others..that I am experiencing, as I walk my path now.
Because, she reached her “finish line” and knows so much more, than I do at this point. She stands on the sidelines of my journey..offers validation/encouragement/wisdom/insights~ as only one can, since they have traveled this journey themselves.
Yesterday, I received a gift from her. Because I like to savory a gift, for some “unqualified period of time” before opening it- I don’t know, its just a little something about me- thats an extra - not really news worthy-except here, perhaps.
As I savored this gift, so beautifully wrapped~I toke notice of it being 180% from my standard of wrapping~ beautiful paper/crisp folds to each corner/taped to stay/all tied up in a matching ribbon/in contrasting color. You see, you must know, something more about the me that’s writing her…I would so much rather, make a gift then wrap a gift….she does both well, and to her credit….*( just a racket ball thought in play here ).
When, I opened the book this morning-with my morning coffee in hand~to my delight, was a book of daily readings/focused thought/and suggested.. “ 5 minute stress relievers for self care”…does she know, because she knows ? Yes, she does know how important self care is…I personally struggle with that, when another’s need is greater than mine…and when especially~I am capable of meeting that need~ when especially those that need help..are the very ones in my life, that I love with a forever/ whatever's the need ..kind of love…then, I am blind to my need for self care.
All ready, one days suggestion of a little 5 minute - self care and I’m off and running. Albeit, also,to resume my blog…….so thanks cuz, because, you know some of what I need….
So, meet me here, again-as I share these suggested little activities, just perhaps, you will find them helpful on your personal journey.
A sneak preview : innocent pleasures & simple indulgences ….what things come to mind? For each of us-these will be unique…..hope you swing back by and journey along with me….
Comments