So what makes a heart sing?
So when you read this statement what is the first thing
that comes to mind?
I purchased a sign many years ago with that thought provoking little statement ...it's meaning touched a deep place within me.
At the time I could have given you a list to
include many things that made my heart sing.
I can still remember how I felt when I spotted this sign in
one of my "favorite gift shops".
I knew I had to own it!
I know you know exactly what I mean...be honest :-0)
Ok then, perhaps not a sign like this- but something of equal "heart
stirring" significance!
I bought it, and I brought it home with me---no second
guessing on this purchase......no squirming because of the price
or of the color or because it was neither too large or too small--- nope....just a "typical heart stirring" impulsive purchase.....
that day there in my favorite shop.
It took me longer to decide where and how I would display it..
What room and on what would I place this new treasure of mine?
I settled on a shelf that was part of a quilt rack,
in my kitchen.
Now I could be stirred in my heart when ever I looked at it!
Well, so I thought...
It did for awhile...
Then life with it's excitement & business,
distractions, disappointment, interruptions along with a
measure of heartaches...took not only center stage of my life
but took my eyes of this "must have heart stirring sign".
Then one day I was shocked that when I looked upon my treasure...
AND
I could not remember what made my heart sing!
I was able to remember that once this sign spoke deep into my very soul.
The realization that I couldn't feel even the slightest stirring in my heart seem so confusing to me!
After some time had passed --I came face to face with a reality that dropped deep into my being......that reality was I had allowed the cares and concerns in my life to rob me of the very things that use to make my heart sing!!!!
After the realization came -----a deep sadness--- because I felt it was all out of my control......after all I had been robbed.......
After more time had passed- with much mentoring- and numerous friends and family praying for me------I had another reality burst into my soul..........I had a choice in all of this.......Yes, Yes, Yes..........I did have a choice in all of this!!!!!
And that was just that......I could allow myself to be robbed or I could claim my 'right' to make room for what makes this old heart of mine sing!!!
Just as it was a slow descent into that place where my song was stilled---so was it a slow incline to gain back my song.........But with choice came the song...OH, what "a sweet heart stirring homecoming" it was!!!
It is, has been, and will always be work to keep my soul in a guarded place....positioned, alert, and on the defence so as not to be robbed again.
Perhaps by my reflections here -(on the "state of my soul")- you are pondering my opening question as it relates to you and your life. Which is what makes your heart sing?
If that be so then I have accomplished some of my objective in this posting!
Comments