Thanks~givings....
So here we are and the day is most spent...but quick before the clock strikes..
and night turns to early middle-night... let me share my Thanks-givings with you.
Let me begin this posting my introducing you to my old cabinet.
Well, if you are to young to know~ then you are of the generation that trusts Mr. Google to tell you that which you do not know.
But please come back after your search or stay with me and I will in time be telling you enough of the info so you'll decode it yourself.
Well, back to my introduction. This cabinet has been used by several generations. For many years I used it for the same purpose for which it was created . Yes, in my young life I was quite the gardener~vegetables that is.
.
Many vegetables are best canned not frozen.......but that's not the topic here.
As the family grew and we became busy keeping up with them and their activities I gave up raising vegetables. So my old cabinet just sat lonely, in the basement collecting clutter for many a year.
Then about 5 years ago we built a sun room and I gave this old gal a few coats of white paint and graduated her to the first floor. Where she has become my friend.
No longer is she hidden and given such a common purpose for which she was created.
Every season I decorate the top of this 6 foot gal and she delights not only myself but many of my guests as well.
So now that the introduction is complete I will begin my post. ( Glad you say!)
You see it means more to me the way I spell it, thus I think I am OK with the liberty and all.
Let me also say that Thanks-givings should/could/would happen every day thru out the year if I only would stop for a moment and reflected on all that I am grateful for.
I have more that I am thankful for~ than you have time or focus for--wait "tis" I who so easily loose focus in the sea of my many thoughts.
May I share some of my Thanks-givings with you?
1) I have been blessed with a wonderful family and more friends than time "allows" for me to spend with them.
2) I have a comfortable even perhaps by some standards a "squishy" life. (My word for softly comfortable life-- yet another liberty taken here~ what would Webster think of me? But you caught my meaning right?)
3) I was fortunate to be a stay at home mom.....yes, it was a blessing to me/for me.
Now, I am blessed with 4.5 grandchildren. You got it I am half way to the time when I meet my 5th grand baby! (If you promise to ask me about my grands sometime I will refrain from getting out of focus again.)
4) I am blessed to be a country gal--OK a "seasoned county Senior"! But country fits me just fine. Only one visible neighbor and for many years it was even a relative..how blessed is that? I have a window with a view that never tires me and it is a joy to feast on God's handy work each and every day.
5) I have had several opportunities to care for family members as they approached the end of their earthly lives. I was in my youth a nurse---and in my middle ~to ~later age, a care-giver, with the advantage of some medical experience ~though rusty at best.
6) I have known the joys that are not measurable and heartaches that best be silenced. I have know "want" and I have "known" plenty. I am learning to be content no matter the one I find myself in. (learning does not mean I have arrived just on my way)
7) I have been given talents uniquely fitted to me~ for the purposes that my Heavenly Father has fashioned for me to full fill. Now that is real purpose!
8) Did I mention yet that I have 2 adult children in whom I am well pleased?
They both are successful in all that they do. I have overheard my own heart say "in spite of my very imperfect "mothering" they are a huge success!
I am proud of them~can you tell? I also have 2 adult children by marriage that I love and am proud of with the same mother"s heart.....now that adds even more blessings to my life.
9) Above all I have a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to send His Son to take the penalty for my sin and wash me in His Blood ~so I might have Eternal life...now that is love, love undeserved, love so pure, a love I don't deserve or could ever earn.
10) My life is rich with blessings.. the kind that money can't buy.....and I wish for you a Blessed Thanks~giving season...that will last all year long.
Comments