Fall with all it's uniqueness has come.
Don't you just love fall~
~and the ever changing colors?
I am finding the older I become,the more about fall I enjoy. The creative side of my soul gets excited with all the endless possibilities that exist in the decor I can create.
Take this little centerpiece that I created for my daughter. I found all the separate
pieces on sale and couldn't help myself.....
They are flame -less battery operated votive inside the glass holders-(kid friendly for sure)--there is even a vanilla fragrance-fake though it be.
In my wanderings that day I ran upon a beautiful platter that had a quote painted in it's center. I was not only unfamiliar with this quote ~but it put into words something I've known some place deep within myself.
However, I had never found the "right run on words" to express it quite the way this author had.
It goes like this:
" Not what we say about our Blessings
but how we use them,
is the true measure of our Thanksgiving".
Author : W.J.Purskie
Does that not speak to a place deep within you?
Life as I walk with the Lord ~has been teaching me this very truth. It is more than verbalizing my blessings on a day in November.
It is living out the abundant blessings that have been showered on my life.
Let me explain what I mean by that last statement......hang with me.
I have been given certain talents, gifting and interests that are "uniquely me".
No one else has quite the same talents, gifting and interests. There are many who possess similar ones but mine are unique to me alone. How I use or don't use them is my personal responsibility. One day I will be giving an account to the ONE Who entrusted me with these talents, gifting and interest.
When I approach each day with the thought of that day(when I am to give an account) I find I am far more intentional about what I do and don't do.
Sadly, I often go sailing into my "days life" with my agenda and the agenda that I allow others to place on me-with little thought of "that day with it's accounting for". When this happens I have by default set the course of my day and it may not at all reflect the higher calling placed on my life.
However, when I do choose to keep in mind that I have been entrusted with certain talents, gifting and interests and that day of accountability will most assuredly come--I place my focus on" walking deliberately" into my day with intention.
I have learned upon this faith walk that the talents, gifting and interests given to me- that they ARE NOT FOR ME!!!! Talk about a sobering and humbling experience to learn this truth.
They have been entrusted to me, which means the ONE Who gave them to me~ expects me ~to use then to bless and benefit others . I have come to see and experience that when I do this~ then I am walking in Thanks-giving for my many blessings.
As fall tumbles into the earliest of winter, when we pause and count our Blessings on that Thursday in November~would you take a well earned pause, to exaim your life's walk and see if it reflects your Thanks-giving in the sharing of the blessings that have been entrusted to "not" your "keeping" but to you "giving".
Perhaps, I have caused you to question for yourself---what have you been blessed with, entrusted with and one day give an account for~if I have then I invite you to share with me what you would. Be Blessed so you may be A Blessing to others.
Comments