Shadows.....
Shadows.......

One August evening...

On our drive home...
One August evening...
We were chasing shadows.......
I'm not sure when it all started for me, might be that it's always been this way...seems familiar yet not.....like something new to me yet not.....following me? You say not?
I'm not sure when it all started for me, might be that it's always been this way...seems familiar yet not.....like something new to me yet not.....following me? You say not?
Well, let me try to explain what I'm trying to say and not very well at that...with me now?
Not sure when I first became :taken: with the afternoon shadows, especially fall shadows. You know how they look.....lower than summer shadows...earlier than the summer shadows -in the late afternoon they are.
Perhaps it's that they are quietly speaking "day's most done" or "evenings come".....perhaps it's that they.....beckon "take note" day's most spent.
With their beauty, these casting shadows,they invite me to notice..to marvel..to enjoy..to exam and reflect upon how have I spent these hours --since casting shadows last did beckoned me to notice.
Is often that I find myself chasing those ever changing shadow to only come to that place--sobering often-it can be-to evaluate how I've spent the last 24 hours since shadows last fell.
To my credit I must say there are those days that I really apply myself and focus well....on things that need my focus and I accomplish that which I set out to do. Perhaps a domestic chore so easily put off or something of a far greater challenge to face and need of focus.
Perhaps it is a dreaded task but my focus is strong and I am a determined one and thus at dusk when I reflect it is with satisfaction that I rest --pleased with my past 24 hours.
But just perhaps my focus has been shallow or miss placed or interrupted or weakened by my state of heart......then at shadows return I am perplexed, for reflection reveals a day most wasted.
Or is it truelly wasted or just less spent....perhaps the morrow will bring new focus and with it more satisfying reflection. One can never take oneself to seriously nor too lightly.....for the center of these two is where I long for shadow falls and reflections sweet and eve complete----until again the shadows I seek.
With reflection always comes a bittersweet...but my heart finds its steady rest knowing I am a work in progress and my life counts in the end of not my failures but by well hearted attempts to do my best....and when I fail it empowers me to strive for a higher ground.......thus I'm found in a win win process.....for I am not what I use to be, nor what I will be but I am on my way to a better me.....trying to enjoy the journey.
And while I strive to better me- I will enjoy those things at days end -that delight the me within.
Comments