What’s the worth of a GOOD intention ?


Over coffee the other morning The Inn Keeper and I talked about our battle with the syndrome of- "Good Intentions".

How, in this life we can be overflowing with all the best of good intentions--- YET, often that can be the beginning and the end of them.

Sadly, we had to admit to ourselves and each other- that all too often this was our shared state.


I was left with a question that I mused over for some time..and I extracted a few firm answers as a result of all this well "spent mental energy ."
I would like to share them with you, if I may!

Could it be that:   I am not realistic about the "all" of what I can accomplish?
                                                               OR
                                  Is it that I say YES more than I say NO ?
                                                               OR
 That my vision be so broad that I see the many needs/wants/expectations around about me-and I am overwhelmed before I start?
                                                               OR
The fear of failure to any degree -lends it's self to procrastination.....and that good intention remains just that---an intention -not an action. Intention without action leads often to regret(s). At least that is true for me.

There was a time in my life when I counted it good enough to just think of a "good intention"...and if I didn't follow up on it...oh well.....at least I had intended to do it and that was almost the same as actually doing it. ( Wrong!!!)

                     Truth is:

1) I was only deceiving myself and shortchanging all involved( if I but thought it and counted it as good as done).

2) I need to narrow my focus and be selective about my good intentions.

3) I need to be sobered by the remembrance of another who spoke of good intentions towards me --yet failed to act on them.

4) I need to consider the cost personally~ if I take action on this ~good intention~ as well as the cost of not taking action.

Of all these listed above -I have come to the real measure of the value of this thing called " a good intention"--and that is this...

Is it Heaven inspired and of Eternal value?

If my answer be yes....then I must move quickly to act upon it.

If my answer be no...then that quickly settles the matter.

Thus, my list now grows smaller.... but of greater importance.

How is it for you my friends?   Did you find yourselves between the lines of my sharing..even a hint?

Till the next time -with intention !!!!!












































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More insights from the garden....

Gifts....

So what makes a heart sing?