Tools for cultivating my soul.


Just as I have a few favorite tools to work with in the garden--so I also have a few favorite tools to till the soil of my soul--thus working my way to a healthier more productive life.

The first and most important one being my bible...as it is not only God's road map for my life but it is the very basis for my life. It is where truth resides..outside of which there is no truth.

It seems just as in other areas of life, that the more I learn the more I realize what little I actually do know.

I often use a devotional which is a good place to start each day...it directs me to a certain scripture and gives me inspiration thru the words of the author.

The devotional I am minister to the most is written by a Spiritual giant who happens to live 15 minutes from me. Although I have only met her once personally...I can sit at her feet daily if I desire. She calls me DEAR ONE and MY BELOVED, my heart responds to her tender expression. She speaks truth, right from God's Word to me...often it comforts me, directs me, or it can be a vehicle thru which I am convicted of my sin/indifference or apathy to mention but a few.

On a day that I move past the simple devotional to study this reading can be a 'spring" board into the very heart of scripture.

My ever Faithful Teacher the HOLY SPIRIT can do His most awesome work as I study/memorize/apply God's Word to my life.

I have found myself way too often in a crisis (or walking with someone else in their crisis)---and wishing I could put my hand on a scripture that was sure to counsel/direct/admonish/encourage either my own inner soul or that of another.

Often if the situation is urgent enough or the moment ever so fleeting it can be too late in delivering aide.

I am not proud in saying that I have in the past  been too lazy or with many distraction in my life to give the Lord and His Word it's rightful place .

WHEN  I allow this to happen THEN  I've allowed the temporal to displace the Eternal.....My Abba pursues me with a love I can not humanly comprehend...but my spirit is drawn to the very ONE that calls me HIS own.

For you see I have been bought with a price, my soul has been ransomed---I've been redeemed-- made right with God, my Heavenly Father Who loves me beyond my human understanding....my part you ask in all of this?

Simple, to believe HIM and receive the gift I do not deserve yet  have been given none the less.........to be continued.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More insights from the garden....

Gifts....

So what makes a heart sing?