Random nuggets
Today I ran accross some real nuggets that have inspired me over the years---I want to share them with you now.
When the child of God..
Looks into the Word of God..
And sees the Son of God..
Then he changed by the Spirit of God..
In the image of God..
When the child of God..
Looks into the Word of God..
And sees the Son of God..
Then he changed by the Spirit of God..
In the image of God..
For the glory of God.
Author Unknown
Another is a quote from Plato:
"The un-examined life is one which is not worth living."
I have over the years gone in and out of looking at my past, present and even into my future(...knowingly aware that I am blinded by my humanity...yet I try. I know that only my Heavenly Father knows and sees my future and my days will be as He establishes them to be.
Actually trusting Him with my future erases a large portion of my anxiety about what comes next in my life.
I have been on a journey called 'recovery' from the pain of my past.... it goes as far back as my earliest childhood memories. The work is often very challenging....feeling the pain that has been suppressed by my inner-self in the hope of causing it to dis-appear on it's own one day.......which by the way, boils down to denial for survival. Please trust me on this one "it does not work".
As life rolls along and things pile up--one pain on another---it become impossible to keep it all under lid...and the world you thought was under your control suddenly tornado's and what is left are pieces.....that then have to be dealt with.
Certainly you say--- it's necessarily not true of my life -just -because it was for you!!!....To that I can partially agree---in that our pain is unique to our life experiences...however, we have all been born into an imperfect family.....(some more than others)...and the pain, damage, scars, and memories don't dissipate on there own. ( at least I have not meet anyone yet that can say that of their early life.) If I am wrong here -I will find great joy in the "hearing" of an other's life experience that proves my theories and experiences wrong.
I have been blessed in so many ways...too many to mention here...that will come later......
But in reference to dealing with the pain from yesteryear, I have been given a very special mentor...who loves me as unconditionally as any human is capable of......she is second to the Divine Mentor-- (the Holy Spirit -Who is the third person of the Trinity--The One Jesus sent to us after He returned to the Father..)
Without her love, support, counsel, coaching, and challeges I would not be where I am today. Which is not where I use to be, not where I want to be, but most definetly down the road a ways, having rounded a few corners upon my road of life. And to my great surprise-I am finding that I have been taught some "tools"...that not only help me but I can share them with others and perhaps they too will find freedom!!!!!
You see it's not about us---except, of course to choose to do the examing and then the work---What it really is?--Well, it's allowing the Lord to heal and restore us---one issue at a time--until one day we realize we have turned the corner on that issue and it's been healed.....
Though the road of recovering from the pains of the past is, well, all up-hill-- yet it is worth the effort---the sweet rewards----you can guess I am sure---it's freedom!!!!!!!!!!!
Life is hard but God is Faithful...He does draw us, lead us, guide us, convict us, convince us. And did I mention He comforts us thru it all?.
Big job you say? YES,but I am talking of the One-Who Created the Universe and all that is within it---God of Heaven and Earth....I want to just say that I could not, and would not do life without Him.
So this posting is a TRIBUTE to my earthly mentor....to whom I owe so much and am so grateful for the time and love she has so graciously extended to me.
"""Sweet mentor""" I will love you forever and for always...
Comments