Just when you think......




Just when you think you have it under control, the unexpected happens.




For several days here the weather has been warm and sunny---perfect for gardening as well as relaxing on the patio ( one of my favorite places to be).......then less than 24 hours later a storm hits and dumps up to 18 inches of white/wet moisture on the gardens as well as covering the patio with all it's furnishings in an unwelcome blanket of snow.




I find this truth to be most frequently at work....just when I "feel" in control of "things"..be it my gardens or the state of my soul......reality hits...often without mercy.




So once again I am found with a situation I had not prepared for...in regard to the gardens there was little that I could have done to have prepared for this...after all how do you protect these eager little perennials from the suddenness of a spring snow?

There certainly many things we can not protect the garden from in spring especially...but there are always ways to protect our soul in any season of our lives........we will look at several of them on a later posting.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More insights from the garden....

Gifts....

So what makes a heart sing?